Assoc.Prof. Pornprot Limprasert, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Dean for Research Affairs, Faculty of Medicine
King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang
Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand
Ph.D. (Human Genetics), 1995
Louisiana State University, Health Sciences (New Orleans), USA
Diplomate American Board of Medical Genetics (Clinical Molecular Genetics), 2002
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Washington, School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Diplomate Thai Board of Clinical Pathology, 2011
Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand
Postdoctoral fellow (Human Genetics), 1996
Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities: Staten Island, NY, USA
Senior Research Fellow (Neurogenetics), 2000-2002
Department of Laboratory Medicine University of Washington, School of Medicine Seattle, USA
Fulbright Thailand Visiting Scholar, 2009
Institute of Medical Genetics, Cedar Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
1. Mikhailov A, Fennell A, Plong-on O, Sripo T, Hansakunachai T, Roongpraiwan R, Sombuntham T, Ruangdaraganon N, Vincent JB, Limprasert P. Screening of NLGN3 and NLGN4X genes in Thai children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Psychiatric Genetics. 2014;24:42-43.
2. Yangngam S, Plong-on O, Sripo T, Roongpraiwan R, Hansakunachai T, Wirojanan J, Sombuntham T, Ruangdaraganon N, Limprasert P. Mutation screening of the Neurexin 1 gene in Thai patients with intellectual disability and autistic spectrum disorder. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers. 2014;18 (7):510-515.
3. Limprasert P, Maisrikhaw W, Sripo T, Wirojanan J, Hansakunachai T, Roongpraiwan R, Sombuntham T, Ruangdaraganon N, Guo X. No association of the Val158Met variant in COMT gene with autism spectrum disorder in Thai children. Psychiatric Genetics. 2014;24(5):230-231.
4. Charalsawadi C, Maisrikhaw W, Praphanphoj V, Wirojanan J, Hansakunachai T, Roongpraiwan R, Sombuntham T, Ruangdaraganon N, Limprasert P. A case with a ring chromosome 13 in a cohort of 203 children with non-syndromal autism and review of the cytogenetic literature. Cytogenetic and Genome Research. 2014;144(Nov):1-8.
5. Hatin WI , Nur-Shafawati AR, Etemad A, Jin W, Qin P, Xu S, Jin L, Tan SG, Limprasert P, Feisal MA, Rizman- Idid M, Zilfalil BA and The HUGO Pan-Asian SNP Consortium. A Genome Wide Pattern of Population Structure and Admixture in Peninsular Malaysia Malays, HUGO Journal [Internet] 2014 Dec; 8(1):5.
Available from: https://thehugojournal.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s11568-014-0005-z
6. Hansakunachai T, Roongpraiwan R, Sombuntham T, Limprasert P, Ruangdaraganon N. A new structured interview for children with autism spectrum disorder based on the DSM-IV. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand. 2014;97(suppl.8):S7-S14.
7. Rujirojindakul P, Chongsuvivatwong V, Limprasert P. Association of ABO blood group phenotype and frequency with chikungunya fever. Advances in Hematology [Internet]. 2015; 2015:543027. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ah/2015/543027/
8. Rujirabanjerd S, Plong-on O, Sripo T, Limprasert P. Subtelomeric aberrations in Thai patients with idiopathic mental Retardation and autism detected by multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification. Asian Biomedicine. 2015;9(4):501-509.
9. Limprasert P,Thanakitgosate J, Jaruthamsophon K, Sripo T. Unique AGG interruption in the CGG repeats of the FMR1 gene exclusively found in Asians linked to a specific SNP haplotype. Genetics Research International [Internet]. 2016;2016:8319287. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/gri/2016/8319287/
10. Jaruthamsophon K, Sripo T, Sukasem C, Limprasert P. Comparison of a new in-house and three published HLA-B*15:02 screening methods to prevent carbamazepine-induced severe drug reactions. PLOS One [Internet]. 2016;May 19;11(5):e0155907. Available from: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/ journal.pone.0155907
11. Charalsawadi C, Khayman J, Praphanphoj V, Limprasert P. Screening for subtelomeric rearrangements in Thai patients with intellectual disabilities using FISH and review of literature on subtelomeric FISH in 15,591 cases with intellectual disabilities. Genetics Research International [Internet]. 2016;2016:9153740. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/gri/2016/9153740/
12. Hnoonual A, Sripo T, Limprasert P. Whole exome sequencing identifies a novel heterozygous missense variant of the EN2 gene in two unrelated patients with autism spectrum disorder. Psychiatric Genetics 2016 Dec;26(6):297-301.
13. Jaruthamsophon K, Sriplung H, Charalsawadi C, Limprasert P. Maternal age-specific rates for trisomy 21 and common autosomal trisomies in fetuses from a single diagnostic center in Thailand. PLOS One [Internet]. 2016 Nov 3;11(11):e0165859. Available from: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0165859
14. Thongnak C, Limprasert P, Tangviriyapaiboon D, Silvilairat S, Puangpetch A, Pasomsub E, Chantratita W, Sukasem C. Exome Sequencing Identifies Compound heterozygous mutations in SCN5A associate with congenital complete heart block in Thai population. Disease Markers [Internet]. 2016;2016:3684965. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/dm/2016/3684965/
15. Jaruthamsophon K, Tipmanee V, Sangiemchoey A, Sukasem C, Limprasert P. HLA-B*15:21 and carbamazepine-induced Stevens-Johnson syndrome: pooled-data and in silico analysis. Scientific Reports [Internet]. 2017;Mar 30;7:45553. Available from: https://www.nature.com/articles/srep45553
16. Charalsawadi C, Wirojanan J, Jaruratanasirikul S, Ruangdaraganon N, Geater A, Limprasert P. Common clinical characteristics and rare medical problems of fragile X syndrome in Thai patients and review of the literature. International Journal of Pediatrics [Internet]. 2017;2017:9318346. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijpedi/2017/9318346/
17. Hnoonual A, Thammachote W, Tim-Aroon T, Rojnueangnit K, Hansakunachai T, Sombuntham T, Roongpraiwan R, Worachotekamjorn J, Chuthapisith J, Fucharoen S, Wattanasirichaigoon D, Ruangdaraganon N, Limprasert P, Jinawath N. Chromosomal microarray analysis in a cohort of underrepresented population identifies SERINC2 as a novel candidate gene for autism spectrum disorder. Scientific Reports [Internet]. 2017;Sep 21;7(1):12096. Available from: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-12317-3
18. Sriwimol S, Limprasert P. Significant changes in plasma alpha-synuclein and beta-synuclein levels in children with autism spectrum disorder. BioMed Research International[Internet]. 2018;Apr 8;2018:4503871. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2018/4503871/
19. Thongnak C, Hnoonual A, Tangviriyapaiboon D, Silvilairat S, Puangpetch A, Pasomsub E, Chantratita W, Limprasert P, Sukasem C. Whole-exome sequencing identifies a de novo variant of the FGD6 gene in a Thai family with autism spectrum disorder. International Journal of Genomics[Internet]. 2018;May 17;2018:8231547. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijg/2018/8231547/
20. Hnoonual A, Graidist P, Kritsaneepaiboon S, Limprasert P. Novel Compound Heterozygous Mutations in the TRAPPC9 Gene in Two Siblings With Autism and Intellectual Disability. Front Genet. 2019 Feb;10:61.